Most open source java CMS exclusively concentrate on the content production process. Tasks like template coding, project deployment, project versioning and most important team development are completely unsupported. Developer teams have to handle this processes by themselves.
The OpenWGA CMS is not only delivered with a powerful yet easy to use authoring environment. In addition OpenWGA CMS also supports the software development process by delivering all necessary tools to create, develop, deploy and share OpenWGA web applications.
Designed for Professional CMS Projects
The OpenWGA Developer Studio packages an OpenWGA CMS server together with all necessary development and deployment tools.
This enables developers to work locally without the need of a centralized development server.
Code completion and module lookups
The template editor does not only offer syntax coloring and auto completion of TML-Tags. It also "knows" the function of different tags and offers lookups to other modules you use in your template code.
code modules are presented as links inside the template editor.
Clicking on such a link opens the references module in a different
editor window and therefore offers easy "code walks" through your CMS
CMS developer runtimes
OpenWGA Developer Studio lets you define as many "CMS runtimes" as you have customers.
There is no need for a centralized CMS developer server.
Quickly change from one runtime (customer project) to another without having to reconfigure your development environment.
Each OpenWGA CMS runtime does contain all the necessary configuration parameters, template code files and plugin configurations you need to work for one special customer project.
The OpenWGA Developer Studio
- Template editors with syntax highlighting, code completion, snippet management and code validation
- Hyperlinks for code fragments make code walks easy
- A set of wizards for creating new OpenWGA web applications, code fragments, label properties and more
- All necessary tools to deploy your projects to OpenWGA java CMS production systems
- A full featured integrated "OpenWGA jab CMS Runtime" letting the developer work locally and share its work through code repositories.
- Developers may create one runtime for each customer CMS project and share not only code but the complete java CMS runtime environment including all server and project configurations with other team members through code repositories.